Wednesday, 2 January 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #14: The Rising

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick for this week's WoW is...


The Rising by Kelley Armstrong

Release date: April 9th 2013
Publisher: HarperCollins

Things are getting desperate for Maya and her friends. Hunted by the powerful St. Cloud Cabal and now the Nast Cabal as well, they’re quickly running out of places to hide. And with the whole world thinking they died in a helicopter crash, it’s not like they can just go to the authorities for help.

All they have is the name and number of someone who might be able to give them a few answers. Answers to why they’re so valuable, and why their supernatural powers are getting more and more out of control. Maya is unprepared for the truths that await her, but she’ll have to face them if she ever hopes to move on with her life. Because Maya can’t keep running forever.

With all the twists, thrills, and romance that have made Kelley Armstrong an international bestseller, plus the surprising return of some fan-favorite characters, 
The Rising will hold you under its spell long after the breathtaking end.






The Rising is the final book in Kelley Armstrong's Darkness Rising trilogy, and I'm so freaking excited for it! What makes it even more exciting is that the characters from her Darkest Powers trilogy will make an appearance. And those characters are some of my favourite YA characters of all time! So yeah, of course I can't wait for this book. Four months is a very long time!

Add The Rising on Goodreads here.

10 comments:

  1. I really need to give this author a chance. I've heard amazing things about her. Great pick! I hope you get to read it soon.

    My WOW is here

    ~Danica Page
    Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pick!:) I'm excited for this one as well. I really love Kelley Armstrong's writing.

    ~Ezzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to read the first books in this series because I've heard great things about them. I hope you'll enjoy this installment as well! :)

    Here's my WoW
    http://www.nicksbookblog93.blogspot.com/2013/01/waiting-on-wednesday-36-gated-by-amy.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read this series yet, but I have heard great things about it. I hope you love the final book!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read the first book in this series, and I really liked it. Great pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to read this series!
    Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still need to start this series, I read the first trilogy but never got around to starting the second. Great pick!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wasn't aware of this trilogy, but it sure sounds interesting and since this is the last book, I'll just try to read them all back to back!

    Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by my WoW earlier.

    Happy reading! :D

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read any of the books in the trilogy yet but I have them on my to-read list and I'll definitely get to them. Great pick! I hope you enjoy reading The Rising when it comes out.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kelley Armstrong is amazing and this book sounds awesome too!! Great pick!!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love reading your comments :) Make sure to link your blog (if you have one) so I can visit you back!